Cosmetic fillers are used to enhance your features and treat fine lines and wrinkles. When we schedule an appointment with a doctor for cosmetic fillers and Botox we want to leave looking and feeling beautiful. But sometimes even the best injectors in the country can leave a bruise after treatments. So, to help alleviate bruising it is best to be a proactive patient and prepare for your appointment 3-7 days in advance.
There are many known factors that can increase your chances of bruising, as well as many steps you can take to give your body everything it needs to heal properly. According to Skintour.com the following list of medications should be to AVOIDED 7 days before your treatment. This list of products can make your blood thinner and less likely to clot which can create bruising. (If you are on warfarin/Coumadin or Plavix, please stay on it!)
- Ibuprofen (Motrin, Aleve, Advil)
- St. John’s Wart
- Omega 3 fatty acids
- Vitamin E
- Ginko Bilboa
In addition, there are other natural ways to help give your body everything it needs to be in optimum health for healing:
- “Stop drinking alcohol 1-2 days prior to injections.
- No garlic 1-2 days before injections.
- Try eating pineapple 2-3 times for 1-2 days prior to injections (anecdotal evidence only).
- Bromelain supplements (pineapple extract) can have some serious side effects so we don’t recommend this.
- Take Arnica Montana one-day prior or the morning of injections. You can find Arnica Montana at certain drugstores and often at WholeFoods. Don’t take if you have high blood pressure or heart problems.”
Many patients have never experienced any bruising after their cosmetic injections. If you have any questions or concerns, please call Jánnha MediSpa. If you are calling after hours you may call Dr. Bazerbashi at #732-888-0017.
Be Beautiful. Be Ageless. At Jánnha MediSpa
For more information on before, during and after treatmens you can visit: